Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Running...

I'm not a runner.  Never have been, never will be.  But over the last few months because my husband so kindly signed me up for a few races - I was forced into it.  We did Ragnar in June - I started training 3 weeks before the race (not smart for someone who had never even ran 1 mile before).  My legs were each 4 miles for a total of 12 in a 30 hour time frame.  I trained as best I could and got up to 3 miles before the race.  Some how I endured - I had an awesome team and we had so much fun.  Aside from the blister and lack of sleep I felt okay and was glad I did it.



 
 
 This weekend we have another one called Epic - it runs from Logan up to Jackson Hole.  Dean has done it before and says its beautiful.  I'm nervous but excited because I know what to expect after my last experience.  My legs are 6.5, 3, 4.8.  I am up to 5 miles and am hoping I can make it to the 6.5 without dying first.  I was going to do 7 on Saturday but Mason wanted to join me on the run - I couldn't say no.  We didn't get out the door until 8:45 and by the time hit 2.5 miles it was dark out so we turned around and used the flash light on my phone to get home.  It was fun - Mason was such a trooper and I'm so dang slow he could walk and catch up when he needed.

I've learned it's a mental thing - I still don't love it - It's a great workout - hard on the mind and the body - and hopefully I can keep it up in small doses!! 

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Run Brenda, Run! Yay!! Look at how far you have come! You will be awesome this weekend.

carey said...

Way to go, girl!!!!!

Anonymous said...

視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天交友網,免費視訊,視訊美女聊天,免費視訊美女

fifa14.vipmmobank said...

In addition, you start off the game with this particular spearwielding hothead.Taking classes through Last Fantasy IV's Kain, they can conduct Jump to cope huge injury to anyone he gets onto with his spear.Not like many characters' get to, his get to is fairly decent, and the man may progress any time attacking.Younger crowd has a varied attack associated with types: Toss Lancer enables your ex dish out problems for an attacker inside a long range.
Fifa 15 Coins

Buy Fifa 15 Coins